Saturday, June 9, 2012

GSoC week #3 - Finished with Calculus!

Welcome ladies and gentlegeeks!

I feel as if little progress was made this week regarding Seorigin. While this upsets me I am also happy that I am finally done with my calculus summer course!

So that means only one thing:

Time to kick coding up a notch. :)

Progress was made but it was far from what I was hoping to accomplish.

I was hoping to complete the capture plugin for seorigin.

This required getting proper regexs set up in my python script and creating the proper format for the parsed file.

In order to parse anything I needed to see what pattern there was in the raw macro expansions that I could use to aid myself in parsing out 

Once I found this pattern I documented it along with a few other things on SEOrigin's wiki:

https://github.com/twitch153/seorigin/wiki/_pages

If you're interested in this pattern or how seorigin will be working then look for the page concerning how seorigin works and get a nice read out of it.

I also changed the way the policy-parser read in the files for pattern searching as well as a nice way to default the location of the outputted file in case one was not specified (Thanks to Igraltist for help with this).

Next week I plan on *hopefully* getting the proper regexs for the parser. Hopefully I can get this done in the time I want to. Regexs are a HUGE pain in the nether region of my body. I'll be working with my professor "The Big Blue" on getting this to work soon.

Enjoy your weekend folks, I know I will be enjoying mine,
     Devan Franchini (twitch153)

No comments:

Post a Comment